The association between golf and Murcia is internationally renowned and for good reason. In fact, this Spanish region has all the ingredients to turn golf into an experience that goes far beyond the sport.
There are several reasons for this: an excellent climate all year round, golf courses designed by Jack Nicklaus, Severiano Ballesteros and José María Olazábal, and a perfect additional combination of leisure offerings, gastronomy and wine tourism. Because not all the action has to be limited to the fairway and green.
1. A great range of golf courses
It comes as no coincidence that Region of Murcia is promoted year after year as a favourite destination for golf lovers. In fact, more than 150,000 golf enthusiasts come here every year.
Whether you’re highly experienced or a novice taking your first swings, you need only come to one of the region’s 22 golf courses, with a total of 348 holes suited to players of all levels. Once you’ve chosen your destination, put yourself into expert hands on one of hundreds of golf lesson packages available throughout the year in this region.
2. Murcia´s climate
Among the many reasons that explain why Murcia is the ideal golfing destination, there is no doubt that climate does it the best.
Throughout the year, you can enjoy 300 days of sunshine, with an average temperature of about 19 degrees Celsius. Even the winters in Murcia are particularly mild. All of which means that golf breaks in Spain are an option at any time of the year – when you come to Murcia.
3. New challenges on offer
Murcia’s special climatic conditions are also an incentive for the most demanding golfers who are up for new challenges. Because the air at Murcia golf courses is warmer, you’ll notice that it’s less dense.
This means that the ball finds less resistance when in play. Does always having the best swing matter to you? Then you should always bear in mind the special conditions affecting the trajectory, speed and lift of each shot you take.
4. Murcia offers you all-inclusive golf holidays
Did you know that this region is the favourite golfing destination for the Finns? The long tradition of golf in Finland means that country’s inhabitants know very well how to choose their destination.
And why Murcia? Because there are other things that count besides the wide range of courses available.
- All our courses are separated by an average distance of only 35 kilometres.
- They are generally located in resorts offering visitors absolutely everything they need for their stay: accommodation, transport, restaurants and fitness centres, all of which share the mutual aim of providing the best experience.
- 252 km of coastline and a host of tourist attractions mean that your visit to Murcia need not be restricted to golf.
5. Murcia’s wealth of tourist attractions
Travelling to Murcia to play golf can become an even more rewarding experience when combined with the many alternatives for leisure and tourism the region offers.
- The cities of Murcia, Cartagena, Lorca and Caravaca de la Cruz are four appealing destinations for travellers who want to take their leisure plans a step further. These four cities are steeped in history and are home to an exquisite cultural heritage; there’s even a top ten list of the best museums to visit during your stay.
- Naturally, the beaches, wine and gastronomy of Murcia Region have to feature in any trip to the region. There are countless possibilities available to visitors to enjoy them at will. For instance, the dozens of golf lesson packages can be combined with sailing, kite surfing, kayaking and stand-up paddleboarding.
- You can’t leave Murcia without sampling paparajotes or any of the wines from the three protected designation of origin regions of Murcia – Bullas, Jumilla and Yecla. If you would like to join any of the wine tasting tours, you only need to ask.
Caddiespain can offer you everything you might want or need during your stay in Murcia. And to save you the hassle of working with different companies for each of your plans, we take care of everything: finding you the best Murcia golf course according to your taste, level and preferred style of game; choosing the right accommodation for your needs; and planning all the leisure activities you want to enjoy.